Manufacturer Review: IDIS DirectIP
Sunstone » » Manufacturer Review: IDIS DirectIP
DirectIP is an optimised HD Surveillance Solution based on an IP Framework, consisting of IP Cameras, NVRs, Network Equipment and Client Software as a complete package.
DirectIP from IDIS provides the first true end-to-end, plug and play solution by delivering instant recognition by the NVR of every networked camera, enabling end users to start monitoring live video immediately without cumbersome network configuration requirements. It eliminates the complexities of traditional networked surveillance systems with an installation that no longer requires the manual input of device IP addresses or related port forwarding and routing. The DirectIP switching hub and camera registration allows multi-connection structures between NVRs while supporting Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices and simple, uncomplicated integration with intruder alarms and other electronic security systems.
The IDIS solution provides real-time live monitoring with HD resolution from outstanding network throughput maintaining a stable HD resolution regardless of external network traffic while cameras will record direct to the NVR in real-time (in an HD resolution or higher). In addition, the IDIS NVR is equipped to perform five key Pentaplex processes simultaneously, with no degradation of image quality or network interruptions – live-view, record, playback, remote access and backup of audio and video files, giving users greater choice and ease in everyday use.
The core strengths of DirectIP
1. Plug and Play
– DirectIP’s simple plug and play functionality and automatic network detection/settings result in a system that is quick and easy to set up.
2. Easy installation
– Simple to change camera set-up
– Flexible, scalable solutions which allow multiple NVRs via DirectIP Switch
– Multi-camera connection and data communication available with one connection between NVR and DirectIP Switch
– DirectIP supports PoE cameras and powers them through the data cable line, removing the need for additional external cabling
– Simple audio and alarm input/output systems created using a DirectIP camera with audio I/O and alarm I/O ports
3. Intuitive and user-friendly interface
– User-friendly interface, resulting in simple transition from DVR to NVR usage
– Centralised functionality allows every IP camera to be controlled without the need for individual configuration
– High Performance
DirectIP provides first-class performance for networked security systems
DirectIP provides first-class performance for networked security systems.
1. Real-time live monitoring with HD resolution
– DirectIP network security systems are a combination of DirectIP cameras and NVRs, providing excellent network connectivity that can maintain stable HD quality video, regardless of network traffic
– DirectIP supports real time surveillance features on every split screen
2. Real-time recording with HD resolution
Recording HD (or higher) data from multiple cameras to the NVR in real-time
3. Pentaplex operation
The DirectIP based NVR will allow simultaneous functionality and operation including:
– Live-view, record, playback, remote access, backup of recorded audio/video
– Multiple independent video streams allow for live monitoring, recording and remote monitoring, while additional smart features control resolution, quality and bit rate from remote video data sources.
Eradicate device compatibility issues and complexities with DirectIP.
1. Closed and third party IP camera support
– Fully compatible with our specialised DirectIP surveillance solution
– Supporting ONVIF, Axis, Panasonic and 3rd party protocols, as well as our own existing IDIS protocol
2. Compatibility with legacy security systems
– iNEX, IDIS’s versatile Video Management Software (VMS), allows you to manage integrated security from both an NVR-based network security or existing DVR-based systems
– DirectIP is the best environmental interface for integration with existing sensors, audio, ATM/POS, storage and communication of cameras
– Applies automatic resolution on users system to deliver optimised screens
Value for Money
DirectIP provides users with best-in-class performance that is affordable and cost effective to run
1. High quality NVRs – inexpensive with no hidden costs
– Like DVRs, there is no additional license fee or annual update fee
– High performance NVRs, complemented by VMS
2. Lower installation fees
– Compared with existing DVR or HD-SDI systems, which use coaxial cable, the installation process for IP cameras is quick and easy, only requiring minimal communication lines
– Our DirectIP Switch enables a network that uses multiple DirectIP functions at low cost
EOC (Ethernet over Coax) transformation devices allow users to retain existing coaxial cabling
3. Lower training and maintenance cost
– DirectIP based NVRs are easy to use and do not require specialised training or expert knowledge
– Our products are strong, robust, stable and manufactured to the highest quality; subsequently maintenance is easy and maintenance fee is low
DirectIP systems that are fit for purpose:
1. Complete packages for network video security systems
– Our wide range of scalable, high performance products ensures IDIS can provide an appropriate solution to meet user requirements.
– IP cameras with various indoor/outdoor models
– Network video recorders
– Video Management Software (VMS)
– Remote and mobile client software
2. Rich connectivity option
– DirectIP for Rich Connectivity includes all the accessories and attachments needed to quickly establish a high quality network security system.
Equipment and network accessories
1. DirectIP network switching hub
– Gigabit bandwidth handling multi camera data
– PoE power capability for both IR camera and PTZ camera simultaneously
2. PoE injector/splitter, UTP to SFP converter, SFP module, EOC (Ethernet over Coax) module
3. Device traceable network topology
– DirectIP-based NVRs can identify the address of each IP camera from DirectIP Switch
– NVRs or DirectIP Switches that support PoE allow malfunctioning cameras to be easily corrected by controlling independent PoE power
– Flexible remote management of devices
– NVRs remotely send event messages containing video loss from camera channels or signals caused by screen defects or function faults
For more information about the different applications of DirectIP, click on the images above. If you want to find out more about this truly innovative solution, then contact us. Read more about our partnership on delivering cutting-edge security systems here.