Sunstone commits to the Corporate Covenant
Sunstone » » Sunstone commits to the Corporate Covenant
Sunstone has taken the initiative to commit to the corporate covenant which has been designed to complement the armed forces covenant and sit alongside the community covenant.
The armed forces covenant sets out the moral obligation of society towards members of the armed forces community and the community covenant provides a mechanism for us to express support for members of the armed forces community.
We aim to support and promote t wo key principles of the armed forces covenant, which are:
– no member of the armed forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
– in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved
We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
– promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation through our marketing, recruitment and direct contact with the Career Transition Partnership
– seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old
– striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
– endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment, in line with our HR policy
– seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day
We will publicise these commitments through our literature and/or on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.