Sunstone gets Corporate Covenant Award
Sunstone » » Sunstone gets Corporate Covenant Award
As signatories to the Coporate Covenant, we have been presented with the bronzeaward for our work around supporting the Armed Forces community. The Corporate Covenant is a voluntary pledge from businesses and charitable organisations who wish to demonstrate their concrete support for the Armed Forces community.
This Government initiative complements the Armed Forces Covenant, which sets out the moral obligation between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces.
The Corporate Covenant includes a core statement of commitment to the two key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant: that no member of the Armed Forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen; and that in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
The Corporate Covenant includes a range of pledges we have signed up to:
– We promote the fact that we are an armed forces friendly organisation
– We seek to support the employment of veterans young and old
– We seek to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve Forces
– We strive to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
– We offer support to our local cadet units